COVID and Your Tradesperson
Thursday, 24th June 2021
What should you expect from your trade to keep you safe?
Getting works completed during the current Covid pandemic can be a troublesome thought. Should you need essential works completed in your home there is no restrictions in place to stop this. We have found most our tradespersons have been busier than ever completing essential works for customers right through the pandemic.
To help customers, Mytradefinder has complied some top tips when getting home improvements or emergency works completed in these difficult times.
Before your tradesperson arrives:
- Open windows to allow good ventilation.
- If you need to stay in, make an area in the house that’s yours. Maybe a bedroom or a room you are not having any works completed and keep this a tradesperson free area.
- Contact the tradesperson and outline any concerns or requests you have – maybe using the side door to the house.
- If you’re going to make them coffee have it prepared in a flask and left in the area they will be working in.
When your tradesperson arrives:
- Establish the ground rules. Maybe allow them to remove their mask when working but when moving around your home they must have their mask on.
- Ask them to keep out of the areas you have designated tradesperson free.
- Explain your concerns. Our approved members.